2015 Event Details
- Thursday, July 9th
- 9 AM Registration
- Tech/Safety Inspection (tech inspection stickers compliments of Max Torque)
- Practice 9 AM - 6:00 PM (segregated by rear and sidewinder if necessary)
- Our weekly rent to race night starts at 7 PM. Why not enter and drive the kart like you stole it? $60 entry fee and our rent to race karts are 50 MPH at the end of the straight. Drivers must be 18 yrs.
- Friday, July 10th
- Registration at 8 AM.
- Practice 9 AM two rounds per class minimum. We will run transponders to score in 2015, so if drivers want to run their transponders during practice we will post result sheets after each session. Transponder rental is $10 for Friday & Saturday.
- Driver's Meeting at 11:30 AM.
- First heat demonstration/race round starts at Noon.
- Two heat rounds will be run between Noon and 4 PM.
- Three heats for each class using Motocross Point Scoring.
- 1st heat line up by order of registration.
- 2nd heat line up, invert of 1st heat grid.
- Beer, Wine and Cheese tasting 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
- Kart Show on the home straight at 4:30 PM. All karts on track please. Inside of the track non kart show, karts, and judged karts on the outside of the home straight.
- Cook Out starts serving at 6:00 PM. Drivers entered in the event receive a cook out ticket. Crew tickets available at extra cost. Limited number of tickets available.
- Saturday, July 11th
- Registration if needed 8 AM.
- One round of practice by class following driver's meeting at 9 AM.
- 3rd round of heats begins at 10 AM and concludes by Noon.
- 3rd heat line up is high point drivers to the front.
- As stated above, we will require all drivers who wish to be scored to run an AMB transponder. SRR will have them for rent at $10/event (Friday and Saturday).
Other Events at SRR
Don't miss the raffle we'll be conducting during our event. It will have:
- A 50/50 element which will split the money 50% for the VKA and the other 50% will be split by 3 winners.
- There will be some merchandise prizes also, but at this point we don't have them all identified, but Bill McCornack has committed to another Mc 91 series engine!
Racers coming from the east who must come through Chicago might consider skipping the head ache by staying on I-80 west and then come north on I-39. It is longer, by 53 miles, vs. through the Windy City. The map program also suggests it will take one hour longer, but road construction (guaranteed) and traffic issues (maybe, maybe not) in Chicago can make the extra distance actually faster to travel.
Go Kart Speak |
How Do I Start? |
Go Karts For Rent
Vintage Karting |
Contact Us |
All product and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks
Copyright © 1998-2015 Sugar River Raceway